1) When you take a patient's Blood Pressure you must PALPATE the Brachial Artery first before taking the Blood Pressure. (Treas, Leslie S; Wilkinson, Judith M. Basic Nursing Concepts, Skills & Reasoning (Page 457).
2) You must gel / wash your hands every time when you:
- Enter and/or leave the room
- Before you chart (if you touched ANYTHING)
- Take off your gloves at any time (even while in the room)
- Wait 15 seconds after gelling up to allow hands to dry If not you will FAIL !
3) You do NOT have to assess the patients MOUTH before giving medications (yay!)
4) Your 2 1/2 hour time limit will start AFTER you receive report in the PLANNING phase (yay!)